The Atria Community Corner was launched in September 2017 in conjunction with World Alzheimer’s Month. It is a joint community initiative of the Atria Shopping Gallery (Atria) under its CSR programme and the Alzheimer’s Disease Foundation Malaysia (ADFM).
With this collaboration, Atria is aspiring to be the first dementia-friendly community mall in Malaysia aimed at:
• raising greater awareness of Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementia; and
• providing information and support to the neighbourhood communities around Damansara Jaya and its vicinity.
Located at Lot T03 on the Third Floor (two doors from Daiso), the Atria Community Corner is open daily from 11am to 7pm. All health, nutrition & wellbeing talks, activities and information leaflets provided at the Atria Community Corner are free.
December 2019 Activities
1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Dec 2019 (Sun)
|10.30am - 11.30am||
Weekly Elder Yoga Exercise
For Caregivers and Persons with Dementia, Senior Citizens and their families.
Regular yoga practice helps people of all age groups including the elderly. For the seniors, regular yoga practice can play an important part in keeping you healthy, because it helps to:
- reduce swelling in joints;
- increase joint mobility and strength;
- improve balance and stability.
|Conducted by Yoga instructor Ms Stephanie who is supported by Ms Shirley Low, Ms Janet Wong and a team of volunteer Yoga practitioners.|
7 Dec 2019
|2.30pm - 4.30pm||
QiGong – The Holistic and Natural Way To Total Wellness
QiGong practice is a traditional Chinese health & healing practice used for thousands of years. Regular & consistent practice is thought to promote integration of mind and body to bring about a deep state of relaxation that leads to the clear and smooth circulation of Qi for a better physical, mental and spiritual health.
|By QiGong Instructor Sara Low.|
4, 11& 18 Dec 2019
|2.00pm - 4.00pm||
Weekly Cognitive stimulating games and activities for Persons Living with Dementia / Early Memory Impaired Persons (MCI)
5, 12, 19 & 26 Dec 2019 (Thu)
|2.00pm - 4.00pm||
Weekly Sing-Along Session for Persons Living with Dementia / Early Memory Impaired Persons (MCI)
14 Dec 2019 (Sat)
|2.30pm - 4.00pm||Laughter Wellness Exercise Session||Facilitator, Laughter Wellness Teacher, Sharon Ng and Team|
25 Dec 2019 (Wed)
|1.00pm - 4.00pm||
Merry Christmas Celebration by Choir Group
REGISTRATION IS FREE
We welcome you to join our weekend health talks and yoga exercises. Admission is free. However, we do encourage registration for logistics purposes.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your details as follows:
1. Full name(s)
2. Mobile contact number(s)
3. Indicate whether you are a family caregiver or attending for self-knowledge
4. If you are a caregiver, please indicate to whom you are caring for (e.g. mother/husband/etc)
For further enquiries, please call or WhatsApp Bee Lan at 010-361 9125.
• If you are at the Atria Community Corner with your dementia-loved ones, please ensure that you are with them at all times.
• Do bring a shawl or cardigan as the central air-conditioning can be quite cold.
• Please do bring socks for the Yoga sessions.
• No food are allowed. This is to keep the premises clean and to adhere to Atria house rules.